Friday, June 7, 2013

Building Your Homemade Water Heater

 












































 This is the float installed at the water inlet so it doesn't overflow.





 This is where I modified the inlet and outlet hoses that runs into and out of the coffee maker element.  I cut (2) 3/4'' holes flush with the elements for easy hookup.




 



 I had this installed in my Motor Home.  I had valves and pipes going everywhere.  This was my prototype so I was just trying to see if it would work before I made the plumbing neater.  I LOVE it!!!





This is a picture of the water pump running out the side of the barrel and heading up to the coffee maker.  I made this slightly different than the instructions but you can build to your specs.  This is just an idea I had and wanted to test it.  All in all, this prototype uses less than 1000 watts of power.  When I go camping, I take a 1500 watt power inverter to hook up to my battery in my car and I went to Wal-Mart and purchased a shower/utility tent, ran cpvc and put a valve and shower head up, and all I had to do is wait for the water to warm up.  Every hour or so you can check the water to decide how hot you want it and not have to hook up cold water to mix with the hot water.  So if you want a warm shower, it won't take as long to heat the water.  You don't have to have a water inlet line, you can just bucket the water from a creek or river and possibly add a drop or 2 of bleach to sanitize the water.

2 comments:

  1. I found your this post while searching for some related information on blog search...Its a good post..keep posting and update the information best water heater brand

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speedily this specific web page could indisputably become popular involving most writing a blog along with site-building persons, for you to their fastidious blogposts or possibly testimonials. water heater tripping circuit breaker

    ReplyDelete